Peruvian chicken recipe
Recipe: How to make a tasty grilled chicken
For me, gastronomy is divided into two types: the rich and the ugly. So with those parameters, it is not difficult for me to decide which dish or restaurant is good or not. That’s why, because I’m a fussy eater (but my mother says so), since I’ve lived far away from her, I’ve had no choice but to learn how to do it myself.
In the United States and especially in Spain, it was easy. There was always a Peruvian food restaurant on hand to get me out of trouble, especially when it was one of those dishes impossible to make in the house, but here in Perth (Australia), as there are almost no Peruvians, so fewer restaurants Peruvians!
And just to know that, I felt the impossible: a chicken on the grill, like those in Peru.
I had no choice but to find out recipes, experiment, remove ingredients, increase ingredients, etc., until this one came out. I am so happy that I have decided to open a new section in this blog to share these gastronomic “findings”. Little by little I will hang my discoveries.
Stop curling up and leave here my recipe for grilled chicken, suitable so that it can be made even the most useless in the kitchen.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 cup of blond or black beer
- 20 ml of sillao (soy sauce)
- 3/4 Cd. of ground garlic
- 3/4 Cd. of salt
- 3 Cd. of red vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp. of ground black pepper
- and 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of rosemary (rosemary is an herb)
To begin, say that it is better that you do it from one day to the other so that marine well.
Put the chicken in a large bowl and make a couple of holes (especially in the breast) on the inside with a fine knife so that the dressing is well, but being careful not to make many holes or pierce the skin because when you bake it (yes, I do it in the oven but it is superparecido) it will leave all the juices and it will be very dry.
Apart in a bowl mix all the other ingredients (the 9) and put it to the chicken inside and outside. As the dressing is quite liquid, find the way that part of the dressing is kept inside the chicken and do not stay all out.
Cover it and keep it inside the refrigerator / refrigerator until the next day.
When you decide to bake it, put it on a tray with all the dressing as is and put it at 170º C for an hour and a half or so. You turn it so it gilds on both sides and that’s it.
- Cda. = spoonful
- cdta = teaspoon
- Notice that some doses are 1/2 and others 1 1/2!
Tips for the most demanding:
- If you are one of those that the garlic “repeats”, better than before grinding them you remove each tooth the root that has in the middle.
- If the soy sauce / soy sauce you use is from the concentrates, lower the dose. I the one that I have is superaguado.
- If you miss the smoky flavor a lot, you can put a very small piece of charcoal inside the oven, half-wrapped in aluminum foil. But watch to not cause any fire!
- If you see that it is getting too hot, when the chicken is already cooked you can remove the broth and brown the chicken with the soft grill and rotate it every so often. You have to use the imagination and utensils that you have at hand.